VELS University Marine Engineering Programmes
- B.Sc.Nautical Science
- Diploma in Nautical Science
- HND Nautical Sciences
- B.E.Marine Engineering
- One-Year Presea Training for Graduates (GME)
- Two-Year Presea Training for Diploma Holders (DME)
- HND Marine Engineering
1. Please download our Application Form from the website given below.
2. Fill up the Application form and send it to the address below, along with a demand draft for Rs. 350, in favour of Vels Academy of Maritime Studies, payable at Chennai:
Capt. K.Vivekanand, Director
Vels Group of Maritime Colleges
Central Administration Office
At Vels Academy of Maritime Studies
Velan Nagar, P.V.Vaithiyalingam Road
Pallavaram, Chennai 600117, India
3. Attach copies of your 10th Std Certificate, HSC / ISC (10+2) Certificate or Degree Certificate, and Proof of Date of Birth.
4. Candidates who will be appearing for final examinations may also apply, but must produce the original HSC / ISC (10+2) Certificates or Provisional Degree Certificates at the time of entrance tests and interviews.
Time Frame for Admission:
21st March 2009 Date of commencement of GME & DME courses 22nd March 2009 Release of country-wide advertisements in the press 24th May 2009 Last date for receipt of completed Application Forms 25th TO 30th May 2009 Entrance Tests, Interviews and Medical Examination of Candidates for all courses, for selection 3rd August 2009 Date of commencement of BSC & BE courses 2nd September 2009 Date of commencement of HND NS5 & HND ME5 courses 5th September 2009 Date of commencement of next GME & DME courses